- Over the last 12 months I have been under the care of the Mental Health and Well-being Clinic. Being treated by both Dr Mohamad and Sabeen Mohamad. Six years ago at the age of 56 I suffered a life changing stroke, from which thankfully I made a remarkable recovery.
Then three years ago I started to suffer from anxiety and depression due to the fear of another stroke. For the next two years I got progressively worse despite seeing various medical professionals and different therapists. Then after a really bad spell of being confined to the house for many weeks, most of which I spent in bed, I found Dr Mohamad which was a life saver for me. He introduced me to Sabeen and between them they got me back on my feet and living some sort of normal life.
My body rejected most of the medication I was given, but Dr Mohamad persevered and managed to get a formula which helped with the depression. I started on two sessions a week of therapy with Sabeen which was the best decision I ever made. She was the 4th therapist I had been under but there was no comparison between the care I got from Sabeen and the previous therapists. She really has given me my life back. I still have some way to go but with their unfailing care and support I now feel there is light at the end of a very dark tunnel.
I would whole heartedly recommend this practice to family and friends, should the need arise, knowing they would be in the best possible hands. I thank them both for all they have done and are still doing for me.
- I am now middle aged and have struggled all my life with mental health issues. I have tried to live with a plethora of childhood traumas: physical, sexual and emotional abuse along with issues with attachment and abandonment. Plagued by night terrors and resorting to self harm, I had thought that I would never recover. I have tried to use humour and a “get on with it” mentality to cope. Sadly, this hasn’t worked for me. Although I could be described as functioning; I have been married for 32 years and have 2 wonderful children, I needed help!
My experience with this service has been truly cathartic! I was assessed by Dr Mohamad and he has been amazing: he identified my ptsd and prescribed appropriate medication for this, along with my bipolar disorder. He also is willing to see me, as and when needed for follow up appointments.
I have been having therapy with Sabeen Mohamad for a while now and have been amazed by the results we have achieved, through the use of EMDR. I am beginning to make genuine emotional connections between my experiences as a child and how they inform the person I am today. Although this process is difficult, Sabeen has a natural and professional ability to make the client feel safe and willing to share experiences. For the first time I feel that I can recover and achieve inner peace.
I cannot recommend this service highly enough and I am optimistic about my future.
- I’ve found the service extremely helpful so far. The staff are a mixture of professional, friendly and caring and make you feel comfortable
- Both Dr and Mrs Mohammed have helped me on my road to recovery. I don’t know where I’d be without their treatment. I would highly recommend their service’
- I have found the service with ADHD very helpful and having diagnosis has helped me immensely to move forward in my life.