The majority of people experience stress at times and at different levels. However, when stress becomes such that you are finding it hard to cope or are having physical symptoms, then it could be worth considering what options are available to you to overcome this position.
Some Symptoms of Stress
- Chest pains
- Digestive problems such as: stomach ache, diarrhoea
- Increased heartrate
- Muscle tension
- Sexual dysfunction
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Inability to focus
- Worry and / or panic
The causes of stress can be wide and varied. There are many different reasons and triggers that may be unique to an individual. Suggested causes include:
- Stressful life events (e.g. divorce, bereavement, moving house, etc.)
- Low self-esteem / being overly self-critical (even without realising it)
- Hormonal changes and / or physical changes (e.g. pregnancy & childbirth)
- Alcohol and drugs - including: misuse, dependency and / or self-medication
- Certain illnesses
Treatments for Stress with MHW
In the first appointment, our specialist will work with you to identify the main contributing factors in regards to the stress you are having and, where appropriate, suggest treatments and therapies that work in overcoming problems that often manifest themselves as stress.
Below is a list of some of the Treatments and Therapies that may be used for treating stress:
For more information or to find out how to book an appointment then please contact us.